Fire Alarm Engineer (Midlands)
We are looking for a Fire alarm engineer with sound knowledge and experience who can service and repair as well as install fire alarm equipment, including emergency lighting.
- Installing various fire alarm systems in both industrial and commercial premises
- Complete small and larger installations as part of a team or on your own
- Installation of fire alarm to BAFE standards
- Service and maintain in accordance with British Standards
- To ensure that the client is satisfied in all aspects of the installation and service prior to leaving site
- Project a high level of quality customer services at all times
- To ensure that the relevant documentation is fully completed in an accurate and timely manner – including instructions, timesheets, work reports, service reports and expense claims
- The reactive and preventative maintenance of fire security systems
- Demonstrate systems for customers and explain details such as the causes and consequences of false alarms.
- Actively support at all times, company policy and best practice.
- Maintaining/developing good relations with clients and colleagues.
- Taking an active part in the on-call system.
- Proven knowledge and FIA certificated competencies (or adequate similar training) are essential
- You should be confident in your work, reliable, conscientious and hard working. Must be well organised.
- Your work must be neat and tidy and to a high standard and you must have a positive “can do” approach.
- Ability to fault find accurately
- Good knowledge of fire alarm systems
- Able to demonstrate good technical knowledge in the following disciplines: Fire Alarm, PAVA, Emergency Lighting, Nurse Call and Disable Refuge Systems
- A CSCS card will be required.
- Full UK Driver’s License is essential
- Permit to work in the UK (foreign National)
- Enhanced DBS checks and Security checks will be required for this role
- 18th Edition is desirable but 17th Edition at present is essential
Package will include work van, uniform, 23 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme, mobile phone, tablet
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Multi Skilled Engineers (East Anglia and London)
Looking for an experienced Multi disciplined Service engineer with experience in Access Control , Intruder , CCTV , Door Entry and Fire Alarms
Needs to punctual , self motivated , well presented and a diligent work ethic
Must have working knowledge and experience in maintenance and installations of fire alarm and intruder systems to designated British Standards.
Qualifications in BS5839, BS5266/FIA Units preferable
Must be competent in IT related products for IP CCTV , IP ACCESS and IP signalling devices and any other IT skills a plus
Must have good fault finding skills and be able to do small works on top of servicing works.
For further information regarding the roles or to apply Contact Us About This job
INTRUDER – Galaxy , Texecom , Menvier , Castle
ACCESS – Paxton , ACT , Honeywell , PAC , Salto
CCTV- Hikvision , Avigilon , Axis , Milestone , Mobotix , DM
DOOR ENTRY – Videx , Aiphone , Farfisa , ACT , Siemens
FIRE- basic workaround of both Conventional & Addressable systems
Signalling – Dualcom , redcare , Emizon , webway
Extinguisher Engineer (London)
We have an excellent opportunity for a Fire Extinguisher Engineer to join a leading Fire Company where they will be responsible for carrying out planned and reactive works within the London area. You must have qualifications for the maintenance and installation of portable fire extinguishers, with a strong working knowledge of Fire Extinguishers.
Servicing & Commissioning of portable fire fighting equipment at our customers sites Surveying sites to ensure adequacy of portable fire fighting cover. Identifying and maximising sales opportunities. Being accountable for, and ensuring effective self management, planning and delivery of designated workload.Ensure compliance with health & safety regulations.
Applicants should meet the following criteria: Must be fully conversant with the requirements of BS 5306 Parts 3 & 8 and preferable hold an Industry Standard accreditation such BAFE.
Experience of producing reports and completing paperwork accurately
Experience of working closely with clients and customers
Must be computer literate as you will be working with IT equipment
Full driving license required.